The Professional Development Special Interest Group (PD SIG) is a network of academics and academic developers collaboratively constructing spaces and opportunities for professional development across Higher Education Institutions in South Africa. Our work has gained momentum over the last few years with key activities in the form of an annual workshop (usually in August) and meeting during the annual HELTASA conference. A successful workshop was hosted in August 2014 at WITS (email@example.com ) on the theme of Professional Development as Pathway for Change.
Committee for 2015:
- Jo-Anne (RU) firstname.lastname@example.org (Convenor)
- Rosaline Govender (DUT) email@example.com
- Kibbie Naidoo (UJ) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karin Cattell (SU) email@example.com
- Alanna Riley (UFH) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anne Cameron (Wits) email@example.com
- Mel Skead (RU) firstname.lastname@example.org
PD SIG Meeting – 26 July Devon Valley Hotel
Colloquium: Contextual approaches to professional academic development with regard to the teaching role 27 July 2015
27 July 2015 email@example.com
Venue: Devon Valley Hotel, Stellenbosch
Plans for 2015
The PD SIG was asked to collaborate on a TDG collaborative project on professional development through writing retreats. This project is led by Prof James Garraway.
This year the SIG plans to initiate a monthly blogpost on professional development issues at South African universities to be hosted on the PD SIG website.
Members of the PD SIG will be encouraged to share professional development resources via the PD SIG website