Interacting in Remo
Remo is a combination of “face-to-face” conversation mode and view-only presentation mode.
When in small group conversation mode, you can turn on your camera and mic to interact with the other people at your “fireplace” (table). You can also interact via the text chat function. You are not restricted to the fireplace where you are placed on arrival. You can jump around by double clicking on any empty seat.
When in presentation mode, access to your camera and mic is disabled but you can view the speakers and presentation. You will still have the ability to interact with fellow attendees via the table or general text chat. You can interact with the session chairs and presenters by raising your hand, typing in the chat, or typing in the Q&A.
Raise Your Hand (only during presentation mode)
- Click the “Raise Hand” button at any time to indicate to the session chair and presenters that you have a question.
- The technical team will give you access to your microphone. Once access has been given, accept the prompt and your mic will be open to ask your question.
Send Messages with the Chat function
There are three different chat functions: general chat, table chat and private chat.
- Click the “Chat” button to open the chat panel.
- Type your message in the Text box at the bottom of the panel.
- Press the arrow to the right to send your message.
Ask questions with Q&A (only during presentation mode)
You can ask a question anonymously or with your name. Any question can be upvoted in order for the session chair to know which question the attendees have most interest in.
- Click the Q&A button to open the window.
- Type your question in the text field.
- If you want your question to be anonymous, check the Send Anonymously checkbox.
- Click “Send”.
To foster networking between participants, please add all your details to your Remo profile by clicking on your profile picture on the top right-hand side of the page. Watch the video below for detailed instructions on creating your profile: