The Centre for Innovation in Learning and Teaching (CILT) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment to this three-year contract position as ONLINE EDUCATION PROJECT MANAGER. This exciting new senior position will assist CILT respond to the expanding demand for online and digital education resources at the University of Cape Town. Reporting to the Director and working with an experienced team, the incumbent will develop new systems and organizational processes to help grow high quality online education support for teaching and learning. Applicants should be highly organized and bring project and financial management experience along with an understanding of the current challenges facing higher education.
For further information see http://www.cilt.uct.ac.za/
• A Postgraduate degree
• 5 years relevant work experience (including at least 2 years’ experience related to the provision of online learning in a tertiary education context).
• Evidence of substantial project management skills and experience.
• Ability to conduct financial planning, budgeting and management of expenditure at project level.
• Experience of working successfully on collaborative projects with a range of stakeholders.
• Knowledge of the issues and challenges around online education in the higher education context.
• Ability to take initiative and provide leadership.
• Analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The following would be advantageous:
• Experience in business development planning
• Academic research experience
• Experience of doing project monitoring and evaluation; or applied research
• Project management and coordination
• Financial Management
• HR Management
• Supporting the implementation of an online education strategy for UCT
• Supporting institutional research on the impacts and implications of UCT’s online education strategy
• Stakeholder Relations
• Communication and Networking
The annual cost of employment, including benefits, is between R515 437 – R606 389 per annum.
To apply, please e-mail the documents listed below in a single pdf file to Ms Vathiswa Mbangi at firstname.lastname@example.org
– UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc)
– Letter of motivation, and
– Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to undergo a competency test.
Telephone: 021 650 3003 Website: www.ched.uct.ac.za
Reference number: E17120 Closing date: 3 July 2017
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.