The Reimagining Learning and Teaching Futures: The REconceptualising LeArning and TEaching (RELATE) Meta-project is an ambitious, future-oriented, wide-ranging investigation into the approaches and strategies adopted by the higher education sector to try to address the challenges posed by COVID-19. It seeks to probe how effective these were/are, whether they were/are differentially experienced by students/staff across the system, and if so how, and to gain insight into future directions and implications for learning and teaching.
A Peer Advisory Group (PAG) was established to provide intellectual leadership for the implementation and progress of the RELATE Meta-Project. In order to assist in driving the work forward, the Council on Higher Education (CHE) is seeking to appoint a peer academic writer who will undertake certain writing tasks for the PAG.
- High-level research and writing skills,
- Extensive knowledge of the South African higher education sector,
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Some of the main tasks of the role may include:
- Writing discursive pieces on key themes, integrating and synthesizing these with various sources of information,
- writing overview reports,
- undertaking other writing commissions as requested and feasible,
- and attending all PAG meetings
The writer will be remunerated for participation in working group meetings, including preparation for these, as per the standard rates of the CHE, as well as for writing specific pieces of work.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please email Mr Matimu Baloyi (Baloyi.firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, 22 October 2021, including a copy of your CV with your response. For more background on the Project and role, read Annexure A in the concept note.