The International Journal for Academic Development (IJAD), which is sponsored by the International Consortium for Educational Development (ICED), seeks expressions of interest for the position of co-editor to be based in North America, Africa, the Middle East, or South America. IJAD is the premier international journal for academic development (also called educational development and faculty development).
We strongly encourage HELTASA members to apply for this exciting opportunity to influence the academic development research agenda and to expand linkages between one’s own region and the international academic development community. The position involves working to tight deadlines and participating in monthly online meetings. The co-editor will be appointed on a voluntary basis for a period of four years (1 January 2022 until 31 December 2025), and the appointee will work collaboratively with the three ongoing co-editors — Dr Klara Bolander Laksov (Sweden), Dr Johan Geertsema (Singapore), and Dr Julie Timmermans (New Zealand) — and the seven associate editors. Typically, at least one co-editor attends the ICED Council meeting each year.
- Active scholar in academic/educational/faculty development, with a record of publications in this area
- Passionate about academic development in higher education and committed to encouraging high-quality academic research and publications in the field
- Professionally active in a continent not otherwise represented by a current co-editor (i.e., NOT Europe, Oceania, or Asia)
- Experienced in editing and publishing and aware of issues associated with editing an international journal
- Excellent organisational and communication skills and demonstrable ability to work to tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others (for example, joint publications, grants, member of a national network, etc.)
- Willing to participate in regular editorial meetings through online video conferencing (often scheduled outside working hours in order to accommodate the schedules of editorial team members from different continents)
- Committed to the goals of the journal’s parent organisation, the ICED
- At the time of appointment, membership in one of the member networks of ICED.
In addition, the following criteria are desirable:
- Familiarity with online manuscript management systems
- Familiarity with APA referencing, copy-editing, or access to administrative support for copy-editing
- Ability to start by 1 January 2022
Brief (1-2 pages) written expressions of interest should be e-mailed to current President of ICED, Dr Allan Goody Allan Goody (email@example.com) and President-elect of ICED, Dr Kasturi Behari-Leak, (firstname.lastname@example.org) and should:
- outline your reasons for wanting to undertake the role,
- address the selection criteria below,
provide the names of two members of the international academic development community who are willing to
- be contacted as referees and,
- include your current Curriculum Vitae
Application deadline: 22 September 2021
The editorial team will make a decision based on the criteria outlined above. Questions about the position should be directed to Dr Timmermans (email@example.com).
Download the call for EOIs here.