In 2020, the pandemic prompted us to think about how we could be be resilient, responsive and relevant in a shifting Higher Education (HE) context. This thinking is at the heart of discussions that will take place during the 2021 HELTASA (Un)conference between 6 and 10 December 2021.
We have opened up our call for proposals at the end of July and encourage you to make a submission based on the conference themes in the scholarly areas of student learning, professional learning, curriculum development, academic development and/or decoloniality. The (Un)conference will give participants the opportunity to present their thoughts and engage with each other in any of the following formats:
- Oral paper (10 mins)
- Poster presentation
- Provocations (45 mins)
- Open space methodology (90 mins)
- Artistic demonstration (15 mins including comments or questions)
Your proposal submission should include:
- Selected scholarly area: (1) student learning, (2) professional development, (3) curriculum development, (4) academic development, and/or (5)
- Format: Oral paper, poster presentation, provocation, open space methodology, artistic demonstration
- Proposal: 500 words and at least two key questions for further engagement that your proposal raises.
- Closing date for submissions: 20 October 2021
- Dates of registration: 31 July to 30 October 2021
We hope to receive a proposal from you! If you would like further information, please contact Nomfundo Siqwede at email@example.com.