The response to the HELTASA 2017 conference call has been phenomenal. Thank you to all delegates that have registered and submitted abstracts. With almost 200 abstracts for papers, posters, flipped paper sessions, critical dialogue sessions and workshops, the HELTASA 2017 conference promises to be an intellectually stimulating event. In line with the conference theme, we invite and encourage presenters to use creative modes of presentations e.g. Poetry, drama, song or dance that transcend boundaries for conference presentations.
The following is a list of preconference workshops that will take place on 21st November 2017
- Improving student success rates by developing an online revision aid to overcome gaps within a curriculum
- Unbundling Higher Education: Exploring Models in an Unequal Landscape
- First-year Experience in an Institution of Higher Education: Transcending boundaries with incoming staff and students
- At the crossroad of articulation and exit level outcomes of the Higher Certificate Programme in Humanities: an interdisciplinary approach
- Integration of technology in Higher Education: Use of Google Docs (for assessment and collaborative learning) and Edpuzzle
- Knowledge at the margins: co-curriculum and transformation
- Improving the quality of teaching and learning through semantics in Legitimation Code Theory
- Joy of writing
- Transformative educational research as/for professional development
The programme for the workshops will be available on the conference website by the first week of October and a draft conference programme will be available by mid-October.
The social events for the conference include a Welcome Cocktail on the evening of 21st November and the Gala Dinner on 23rd November. We invite delegates to join us in traditional attire for the Gala Dinner.
For delegates that will be staying in Durban after the conference there are suggested tours on the conference website as well.
We look forward to welcoming delegates to Durban in November.
HELTASA 2017 Conference Organising Committee