The Faculty of Education at the University of Education, with the Ali Mazrui Centre and the SARCHi Chair, Teaching and learning in post-school education, has a strong focus on various aspects of higher education studies. NRF busaries for one post doctoral researcher (R200 000 p. a. for a maximum of three years), two full-time Phd students (R100 000 p.a. for a maximum of five years) are available for study in 2018 with the following themes pertaining specifically to teaching and learning in higher education:
- Student learning, the influence of rurality on higher education, teaching and learning in the global South, including Southern Africa
- Decolonisation of the curriculum, the geopolitics of knowledge on teaching and learning in higher education
- The scholarship of teaching and learning, socially just pedagogies
- Professional learning of teaching academics
- Postgraduate studies in the field of teaching and learning in higher education.
Candidates interested in becoming a post doctoral researcher should send indications of interest to the contact address below, containing:
- a comprehensive CV, including information about previous studies and publications (candidates must have graduated with a PhD);
- an indication as to what the candidate would like to achieve on a yearly basis for a minimum of one and a maximum of three years.
Candidates interested in pursuing a full-time PhD should send indications of interest to the contact address below:
- a comprehensive CV, including information about previous studies and publications;
- an indication of initial areas of interest (two – three pages).
Due date for indications of interest: 15 December 2017.
Candidates will be informed about the outcome of their initial applications by 15 February 2018.
Contact address for expressions of interest and queries: firstname.lastname@example.org.