The 2021 HELTASA National Extended Curriculum Programme (ECP) Colloquium will take place online between 17 and 19 August under the theme, ‘Promoting Scholarship in ECP’. This year, the colloquium will be hosted by HELTASA members in the Western Cape at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT), the University of the Western Cape (UWC), the University of Cape Town (UCT) and Stellenbosch University (SU). The event brings together lecturers, academic staff developers and support staff with an interest in foundational and ECP provisions across higher education institutions in South Africa.
- Multilingualism and scholarship in ECP
- Indigenous knowledges and scholarship in ECP
- Decolonising the curriculum and scholarship in ECP
- Student data analytics and scholarship in ECP
- Pedagogical practices towards scholarship in ECP
Submit your abstract by 1 June 2021 (the deadline has been extended to 2 July 2021)
We are excited to share that abstract submission is open. Submissions can be made in either the Research-based or Innovation-based track. Each track has its own requirements as listed here. General requirements for abstracts are as follows:
- The title of the presentation must be no longer than 10 words.
- The abstract must be between 250 and 500 words.
- The abstract must be language edited before it is submitted.
- The abstract should contain in-text references (author date), but a reference list is not required.
- The abstract should be understandable to a broad spectrum of readers.
The cost to attend this online conference is R500. Register for the event here.
For more information, visit the colloquium website. Please email the organisers at email@example.com for any inquiries.