The Centre for Innovation in Learning and Teaching (CILT) at the University of Cape Town (UCT) invites
applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment to this two year contract position as Associate Professor / Senior Lecturer.
CILT plays a key role in enabling innovative teaching and learning at the university. In a hybrid department comprising both academic and professional staff, the position will involve supporting academic colleagues with the design and development of assessment and teaching practices, and teaching postgraduate students in the field of higher education studies. With increasing teaching and learning in digital spaces, we are looking for an experienced academic with an interest in assessment policy, design and practice, to apply for a fixed contract post in CILT.
- Experience in academic staff development in higher education
- Experience in assessment design and practice in higher education
- Research expertise in scholarship of learning and teaching in higher education
- Experience in postgraduate teaching
- For consideration at Associate Professor level, a relevant PhD, and at least seven years’ experience in higher education
- For consideration at Senior Lecturer level, a PhD or close to submission; or a Masters degree in an assessment topic, and at least five years’ experience in higher education
- Experience and scholarship in ICTs in higher education
- Experience in playing a leadership role in relation to assessment and assessment policy development in higher education
- The PhD is in an area related to assessment in higher education
- To play a contributing role in designing and developing programmes and policy on assessment
- To participate in CILT activities contributing to UCT’s Vision 2030 and Digitally-Enabled Teaching and Learning Strategy
- To play a significant staff development role supporting academics at UCT
- To teach on postgraduate programmes
- To co-supervise students
The annual cost of employment, including benefits is:
- R887 294 (Senior Lecturer)
- R1 065 129 (Associate Professor)
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single PDF file to Cindy Gilbert at Cindy.Gilbert@uct.ac.za:
- UCT Application Form (download the form here)
- Cover letter, and
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Please ensure the title and reference number (E21126) are indicated in the subject line.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to undergo a competency test.
Telephone: 021 650 5837
Reference number: E21126
Closing date: 08 February 2021
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. Our Employment Equity Policy is available here. For this post we seek particularly to attract black (i.e. Africans, Coloureds and Indians) South African candidates and candidates with disabilities.
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.