The University of Cape Town is inviting applications for the position of Senior Lecturer in the Faculty of Health Sciences Education Development Unit (EDU), located within the Department of Health Science Education (DHSE), for appointment as soon as possible. The position requires expertise in one or more of the following areas: curriculum development, eLearning and/or blended learning, and staff development.
This is a full time, permanent position on UCT conditions of service.
- Teaching and research experience at tertiary level, particularly in any Health Sciences Education or Higher Education direction;
- A PhD in Health Sciences Education or Higher Education or in any other field with a focus on Health Sciences Education;
- Experience at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels of curriculum development and implementation; or blended learning; or staff development in Health Sciences Education or Higher Education;
- Experience and commitment to teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Ability to supervise postgraduate students;
- Evidence of research record in Health Sciences Education or Higher Education development.
- Experience of convening an educational programme and/or course in Health Sciences Education or Higher Education;
- Evidence of postgraduate supervision in Health Sciences Education or Higher Education;
- Experience of establishing collaborative research networks;
- Experience of postgraduate student development;
- Experience of online learning design and facilitation.
- Give guidance to the faculty in one or more of the following areas: curriculum development and implementation, or blended learning or staff development in Health Sciences Education (preclinical and clinical);
- Teach and convene courses offered by the DHSE at undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Undertake postgraduate supervision;
- Participate in research and publication commensurate with the expectations for a senior lecturer;
- Contribute to departmental and faculty administration (including leadership functions);
The annual remuneration package for 2020, including benefits is R887 294.
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to Tracy Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- UCT Application Form,
- Letter of motivation, and
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Please ensure the title and reference number (E200302) are indicated in the subject line.
Closing date: 6 November 2020
Find more information here.