From 4 to 5 May 2021, the Southern African Regional Universities Association (SARUA) will be hosting a virtual conference under the theme: Higher Education Regional Collaboration – Opportunities for Higher Education Development and Regional Impact in Complex Times.
The conference’s primary focus will be the issues that are shaping today’s regional higher education collaboration, with particular focus on the Southern Africa Development Community (SADC). The conference will also serve to introduce SARUA’s newly formulated digital collaboration strategy to facilitate institutional collaboration, as well as provide attendees with an opportunity to network with like-minded people through an advanced digital conference platform.
The conference organisers welcome papers and thought pieces focusing on Higher Education Collaboration in the SADC Region. The pieces can be based on the broader conference theme and/or the following sub-themes:
- Regional Collaboration of Higher Education in the post – COVID-19 era.
- The Digital Transformation of Higher Education Institutions’ Activities: Challenges and Opportunities.
- Higher Education Internationalisation and regional collaboration.
- The SADC Protocol on Education and Training 20 years later: Is it still a vehicle to greater collaboration amongst the SADC Universities?
- Dates: 4 May 2021 at 8am to 5 May 2021 at 5pm
- Cost to attend: US$25
Register to attend the event here.
View the conference programme here.
For inquiries, please contact Dr Nico Jooste at email@example.com.