The University of Kwa-Zulu Natal’s College of Humanities will be hosting a two-day virtual colloquium on assessment using digital environments within undergraduate and postgraduate module offerings. The organisers seek papers based on research or documented experience to be presented during this event within four broad themes:
- Formative assessments
- Summative assessments
- Integrative assessments
- Capstone assessment
Papers could focus on:
- Quality assurance of online assessments
- risks, barriers and security of online assessments (e.g. issues of participation gaps, mobile devices, and the authorisation of online assessments)
- Inclusivity of online assessments for diverse students (i.e. disability)
- More theoretical/philosophical approaches to assessments
Submit paper topics and abstracts between 250 to 350 words to CoHDigitalAssesment@ukzn.
ac.za. An edited book from papers presented at the virtual colloquium will be considered for publication.
- Paper topic and abstract submission deadline: 4 August 2021
- Notification of acceptance: 10 August 2021
- Full papers to be considered for publishing in an edited book: 10 August 2021
- Peer review process: 10 August – October 2021
- Colloquium dates: 24 – 25 August 2021
- Publication of edited book – Alternation African Scholarship Book Series: 31 December 2021
Contact Dr William Dansoh at email@example.com, if you require support to submit an abstract.
For more details, download the call for papers flyer here.