The Faculty of Health Sciences at Wits University seeks to invite applications for a Health Sciences Educational Developer from suitably qualified and experienced candidates.
- Maintain and strengthen the ethos and philosophy of the Faculty of Health Sciences,
- Contribute to the planning and development of Faculty inter-disciplinary initiatives, and in particular, proactive support of teaching and learning,
- Demonstrate an understanding of current trends in Health Sciences Education and develop high quality, responsive programmes,
- Provide support, expert advice and guidance to colleagues across the faculty to develop transformative curricula incorporating indigenous knowledge, humanities in the health sciences and empowerment in leadership, management and advocacy,
- Leverage the current teaching resources, materials and artefacts in the Adler museum, as well as originate new material in order to assist staff with best educational practices in curriculum and programme development,
- Set appropriate standards and benchmarks in curriculum development and implementation and supervise performance and progress of tasks/projects in this sphere,
- Communicate curriculum development and academic projects through scholarly output and mentor staff in the scholarship of teaching and learning.
- Specialist qualification, PhD or equivalent in an appropriate discipline completed or nearing completion (Registration with a professional council where applicable to discipline),
- Proven track record in developing transformative curricula and programmes,
- A thorough understanding of how humanities could be integrated in the health sciences curricula,
- Relevant education management and leadership experience,
- At least five years (5) prior teaching experience and supervision at postgraduate and undergraduate levels,
- At least eight (8) DOHET/ISI-accredited publications, which demonstrate self-initiated, independent research and ongoing scholarly record.
FACULTY OFFICE: Assistant Dean: Teaching, Learning and Undergraduate Affairs
Position: Heath Sciences Educational Developer – Senior Lecturer (AD07) – 80% FTE
Please apply via i-Recruitment. Submit a covering letter clearly indicating which post you are applying for, a detailed CV with names, addresses, contact numbers and e-mail addresses of 3 referees.
Closing Date: 09 December 2020.
Please note that correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise.
The University is committed to employment equity. Preference may be given to appointable applicants from the underrepresented designated groups in terms of the relevant employment equity plans and policies of the University. The University retains the right not to make an appointment and to verify all information provided by candidates.
Preference will be given to appointable internal candidates.